Here are some tips for a successful 5S program.
- Employees are trained immediately prior to or during 5S events by skilled and experienced facilitators who have the skills and materials to effectively teach adults. There is no training without application in a 5S event.
- 5S events are led by highly skilled facilitators who know how to engage people while achieving a high level of results.
- Managers and Supervisors have, and effectively use, the skills required to change behaviors and mindsets of employees.
- Managers and Supervisors are held accountable for 5S results and sustainment and there are effective metrics to track progress.
- Leaders at all levels have and use the skills to lead and manage change and embed new mindsets into the culture. This is by far the most important component of an effective 5S system.
Information above provided by Steve Lage from PDF Consultants.