One complaint I here all to often from people I meet at tradeshows and conferences is "we tried 5S but it didnt stick". I then ask if Sr Management is involved and 9 out of 10 times I'm told "nope".

For a 5S program to stick, Leaders need to show their staff that their involved. A simple, super easy way to accomplish this is to get out of your office and walk around the area and applaud the group on their accomplishments and/or point out areas needing work. That's it. Get up and go to GEMBA. 5, 10, 15 minutes a week is all it takes.

I'm curious for any input or further ideas that you may have on the topic.

Have a great day!

David Visco

President/5S Expert

The 5S Store

Views: 723

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mr David Visco,

Commitment from the TOP leaders is very important. That's why we are doing our 5S Patrol together with our Senior General Manager and the General Manager..And we are now working on it..It really takes a lot of effort to do 5S but commitment and dedication to do 5S is very much needed.

Hi Artchie,

Thanks for the input. I must say I've never heard of it referred to as "5S Patrol" but I like it. You mention it takes a lot of effort. I'm curious as to what exactly that means. How long has your company been working the program? Also, are you seeing the benefits?

Thanks

Dave

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsored by

Videos

• Add Videos

Latest Activity

Piotr Henke replied to Sandro Silva's discussion Software for 5S Process
"For me it's also an interesting topic."
Sep 15, 2019
Community Manager posted a blog post