What works best?  Do you recommend doing all 3 steps on the same day or consecutive days or do you recommend doing sort on one day, then coming back the next week for set-in-order?

Thanks,

BD

Views: 217

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Bob - I've implemented and trained on multiple 5S programs. For a 5S launch, we typically begin by spending a few days in a row: two hours reviewing the 5S concepts and the benefits. We further review the 7 wastes and how 5S will help reduce them. From there, we hold our red tag event for an hour or two depending on the size of the area. Make sure you have a predetermined location for your Red Tag Area. We then begin the Set in Order and Shine. I've tried doing Shine as a separate step but there really is no better time than while you're Setting things in Order. Again, the size of the area impacts the length of the Set in Order/Shine phase. I've found small work cells around 800 square feet can be addressed within 3 days. Lastly, this is only for an initial launch. Obviously there's a lot more work to be done to work on Standardizing and Sustaining. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Community Manager said:
Hi Bob - I've implemented and trained on multiple 5S programs. For a 5S launch, we typically begin by spending a few days in a row: two hours reviewing the 5S concepts and the benefits. We further review the 7 wastes and how 5S will help reduce them. From there, we hold our red tag event for an hour or two depending on the size of the area. Make sure you have a predetermined location for your Red Tag Area. We then begin the Set in Order and Shine. I've tried doing Shine as a separate step but there really is no better time than while you're Setting things in Order. Again, the size of the area impacts the length of the Set in Order/Shine phase. I've found small work cells around 800 square feet can be addressed within 3 days. Lastly, this is only for an initial launch. Obviously there's a lot more work to be done to work on Standardizing and Sustaining. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Thank you community Manager, I greatly appreciate your insight.

BD

Community Manager said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsored by

Videos

• Add Videos

Latest Activity

Piotr Henke replied to Sandro Silva's discussion Software for 5S Process
"For me it's also an interesting topic."
Sep 15
Community Manager posted a blog post
Jul 10
Community Manager posted a blog post