Please provide your ideas on how your company and/or your department has kept moving forward with your 5S program. Many companies hit it hard and stay on track for a few months but then overtime the progress comes to a crawl or fades alltogether. What do you do to stay on track? Thanks

Views: 662

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i think the best way to keep the momentum is to decide the target dates to achieve a level of each step. secondly if the top management gets down to the gemba and starts doing the various steps of 5s, it will motivate the team to do it fast. this has to be done on regular basis. just keep in mind, there is 3 things needed to do lean and 5s, 1) top management commitment 2) top management commitment 3) top management. 

one more way is to keep an competion after each step. the winner gets a circulating trophy and thier enitre zonal team gets some amount in cash.

i wish you luck.

hyuma

I made a lot of things to get the 5S Program in our company going.  Weekly, I conduct 5S training.  Monthly, we issue 5S Bulletins and conduct audits in all areas, including managers' offices.

Audits/continuous communication, employee feedback and recognition.  

It also helps to break down larger tasks into smaller ones. The small task completion provides a sense of accomplishment to the team and helps keep them motivated to do more.

Hello,

One of our customers, working in the aerospace industry, has a great way to keep his momentum, with the help of his employees: a creative zone.  A space dedicated to problem solving, getting creative to improve always.

Creativity on the shop floor

I hope this helps

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsored by

Videos

• Add Videos

Latest Activity

Piotr Henke replied to Sandro Silva's discussion Software for 5S Process
"For me it's also an interesting topic."
Sep 15
Community Manager posted a blog post