Awards for 5S improvement are a simple, fun way to keep the momentum moving forward. Below are 6 ideas received from some of our members:
- golden broom called "The Clean Sweep" award
- on the production floor a company used a "Golden Hairnet" award
- a Lean Points system where wor centers earned points for 5s, VSM'S, Kaizens, etc - the team with the most points got a coveted trophy and a pizza lunch
- Boeing used a crystal war fighter rather than a cleanliness award since they want focus on their standard processes and not just being clean
- a ball valve manufacturer built a ball valve trophy for the workcell that removed the most barriers to flow
- one piece of feedback that I received was to make the trophy a company icon rather than something you buy.