Our company is a non-manufacturing company. We started 5S practices as we know. Kindly help me to bring this in effective way.

Views: 459

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jayachitra - thank you for joining 5S Best Practices. I trust that you will find our new site a value added resource for your 5S program. Do you have any images you can send along to show what 5S you've implemented thus far? If not, can you explain to me where you're at in the process so that I may lend some help. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

David Visco
5S Best Practices
Hi David,

Thanks for your response. Currently i am taking care of 5S activities in our concern. Our superior instructed us the basics about 5S and i learned more from books and from references in net. This is not a manufacturing company, so we dont have much materials over here. we identified the unwanted items in our premises and sort out them but we didn't use red tag system. so we are unable to track and monitor the same. also here cleaning processesses also going well but not in the scheduled timings.but we are unable to maintain a permanent schedule for this. Can you explain me the efficient way to monitor the cleaning activities and to maintain register?

Regards
Jayachitra c

David Visco said:
Hi Jayachitra - thank you for joining 5S Best Practices. I trust that you will find our new site a value added resource for your 5S program. Do you have any images you can send along to show what 5S you've implemented thus far? If not, can you explain to me where you're at in the process so that I may lend some help. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

David Visco
5S Best Practices
Hi Jayachitra - well, sounds like you are certainly on the right path. Regarding your sorting out exercise - you've accomplished the first step, regardless of whether you had tags or not. Be proud of that point. You could start a register today. Using Excel simply create a list explaining the item, reason for putting aside and disposition. Registers are helpful to track your progress. The key however is to make sure someone in a managerial role reviews the items weekly and takes action.
Regarding your scheduling of cleaning. I suggest breaking areas of the office into sections such as cafeteria, office, conference rooms etc. Then, allocate someone to be responsible for each area and create a 5S daily checklist that they turn in each day. This should take them no more than 5 minutes each day. Post the results at the end of each week.

Next, you should have different personnel each week audit the area based off of an overall 5S audit form. This audit should be conducted by all levels of the company. Again, post the results.

Another suggestion is to take before and after pictures and post them along with pictures of the folks responsible for the improvement.

I hope this has been helpful. You can use Excel for all of these type of forms. Another option would be to get them from our website at www.the5sstore.com We have forms for the Office, not only manufacturing.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

David Visco
5S Best Practices
Thanks David. We will do as you said. I will get back to you incase of any assistance.

Regards,
Jayachitra
Dave, also we started working on the 2nd and 3rd phases of 5S. We instructed our employees about 5S concepts. We requested them to arrange their workplace neatly also instructed them to make sure of the arrangements while leaving from the organization. Identified storages, allocated unique ids for all storages and and received the inventory list of the storages from all. What else can we proceed in this to make this more effective?
Do you have a centralized wall space where you can post images and audit results and accomplishments? This will go a long way at instilling the 5S concept throughout the organization. Audits are also an effective tool at keeping people on track. The audits need to be random so that people dont simply clean up before being audited. The # 1 practice to keep this on track is to never, ever stop auditing and posting results and accomplishments. The moment this slips, the employees will stop believing you're serious about making 5S part of your regular work day.

Jayachitra C said:
Dave, also we started working on the 2nd and 3rd phases of 5S. We instructed our employees about 5S concepts. We requested them to arrange their workplace neatly also instructed them to make sure of the arrangements while leaving from the organization. Identified storages, allocated unique ids for all storages and and received the inventory list of the storages from all. What else can we proceed in this to make this more effective?
Hi Jayachitra - just following up to see how things are going. Hope all is well

David
5S Best Practices
Hi Dave, Thanks for the follow up. We didn't post the audit results in notice boards. if we do audit, we will share the audit results through mail and get corrective action for the identified issues. for some of the issues we can react immediately but cant take a corrective action and the issue occurs again. Don't know how to control over them.

I will try to post the audit results hereafter in the common notice board and also going to post about the 5S concepts in pictorial way. We will keep in touch for further assistance.

Thanks Again! - Jayachitra C.

David Visco said:
Hi Jayachitra - just following up to see how things are going. Hope all is well
David 5S Best Practices

Hi,

In office- email storing needs to be improved-(Pending action, Delegate and Vault)

Storing of e-files( Common folder structure),

access to different data basis can be identiifed in one document

Ravi

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsored by

Videos

• Add Videos

Latest Activity

Piotr Henke replied to Sandro Silva's discussion Software for 5S Process
"For me it's also an interesting topic."
Sep 15